Saturday, March 27, 2010

Green-Up Cranberry Energy Drink Review


I found this energy drink at the local European Store. It is from Poland and I am glad there is an English translation on the side. It costs $2.29 CAD and there were 2 available flavours - pomegranate and cranberries.

The aroma of this drink is very unique. It is not of just cranberries, there is a tropical/exotic fruit scent to it. The taste is very intense at first, but the strong carbonation makes it quickly disappear. Once again the flavour is not of just cranberries, but cranberries and that juice you can get at the Ikea fountains - elderberries and lingonberries. The taste is tart and a touch sweet, but not too sweet, which is something I like. The aftertaste is clean and refreshing, but the drink leaves my mouth feeling as if I had just sucked on some lemons. I really enjoyed this drink and will definitely get some more next time I go to the store.

Just like the other 250 mL energy drinks, this one has 80 mg of caffeine. I didn't get a huge energy boost, but enough to get back to work after a heavy lunch. Just liked all the other 80 mg energy drinks, this one lasted for just over an hour.

Medicinal Ingredients are not listed in the English translation.

Scores:
Cost - $2.29 CAD for a 250 mL can
Taste - 8.5/10
Energy - 6/10

Overall - 14.5/20...great tasting rare energy drink

No comments:

Post a Comment