Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Rage Wrath Energy Drink


This Rage is said to taste like The Grape Escape, but we will see about that. Just like the other Rage, I got this one from 7-11 for $0.99 CAD on sale. I was not so sure about getting this one because of the skulls on the label. The last time I bought a drink with similar label/marketing, it turned out to be a Monster replicate. But how bad can the grape flavour be, right?

Well, the drink isn't really purple. I think this is called indigo, but what do I know about colors? My camera wasn't really able to capture the color, but as you can see in the pic, it is not the color you expect from a grape flavoured drink.


It smells a lot like grape candy, but it doesn't taste as sweet as grape candy...at first, but then, oh boy, is it sweet. It tastes exactly like a grape freezie and the sweetness does not hit you until you drink a little. This Rage also has the same effect as after eating a lemon - the sour effect at the back of the throat. There is a detectable, slightly bitter undertone, not the cough syrup one like with the other Rage. The aftertaste is of grape at first but it quickly clears out to leave a clean finish. It is not a bad overall grape flavoured energy drink. It may get a bit sweet after consuming some of it, but it is still not as sweet as other grape flavoured drinks.

This Rage also contains creatine and the same amount of caffeine - 160 mg, pretty standard for a 473 mL can. But again with this one I feel uncomfortably energetic. Other 473 mL cans give me enough energy to go, but this just feels unhealthy, 4 hours later and my heart is pounding. I don't know what it is about this drink, but I have more energy than even after consuming an energy shot.

Scores:
Cost - $0.99 CAD on sale at 7-11
Taste - 7.6/10...penalized a little for the bitter undertone
Energy - 8.5/10

Overall - 16.1/20...it works

No comments:

Post a Comment