Friday, May 21, 2010

HyDrive Energy Vitamin Formula Review


I need to start getting some more sleep...but perhaps when I finish my HyDrive Energy drinks. After yesterday's surprise, I knew I could afford to sleep little and just have another HyDrive in the morning. Today I will try the Vitamin Formula, which is citrus flavoured. How is the Vitamin Formula different from the Alertness Formula? Well, continue reading and you will find out.

This HyDrive has a very pleasant tangerine orange aroma and an equally pleasant taste. Wow, the moment the drink hit my tongue, the image of an orange Gatorade came to mind. I love Gatorade - orange and blue. The taste of this HyDrive is not exactly like that of orange Gatorade, but they are quite similar. The energy drink has a much stronger tangerine orange taste with more of a citric bite and, of course, it has caffeine. I like sour drinks and I love the taste of Vitamin Formula.

The Vitamin Formula contains the same caffeine content as the Alertness Formula - 145 mg - but the energy blend has a slightly different composition. It drops ginseng and guarana from the ingredients list and adds folic acid and Vitamin D, which aid in the production of red blood cells and the development of bones. Folic acid can be bought over the counter and is sold as an energy supplement. I know that because I have a bottle of it on my desk right now. It usually comes in combination with other vitamins, typically B12. Enough with the boring lessons, we should focus on the effects.

I experienced the same gradual, clean increase in my energy levels and was wide awake in less than 30 minutes after opening the bottle. I felt calm and focused for a brief period of time until all of the caffeine hit me another 10 minutes later. I still did not experience any jitters, but I felt like I could run laps...and I am badly out of shape. The energy high remained for about 3 hours when I started getting a little tired and not wanting to do anything that required physical effort. There was no crash or any other unpleasant effects. Another fantastic HyDrive Energy formula. I strongly recommend getting one of these if you like Gatorade, but need an energy boost, and of course live in the US.

Medicinal Ingredients:
  • Vitamin D - 400 iU
  • Niacin - 20 mg
  • Vitamin B6 - 2 mg
  • Folic Acid - 400 mcg
  • Vitamin B12 - 6 mcg
  • Pantothenic Acid - 10 mg
  • Caffeine - 145 mg
  • Taurine - 50 mg
  • L-Carnitine - 25 mg
  • L-Arginine - 25 mg
Non-Medicinal Ingredients: purified water, sucrose, citric acid, natural flavour, sodium citrate, sodium benzoate, potassium sorbate, monopotassium phosphate, gum arabic, calcium chloride, sucralose, glycerol ester of wood rosin, niacinamide, calcium pantothenate, magnesium chloride hexahydrate, yellow #5, cholecalciferol (D).

Scores:
Cost - not sold in Canada
Taste - 9.1/10
Energy - 7.9/10

Overall - 17/20...another fantastic HyDrive Energy formula

No comments:

Post a Comment