Monday, August 16, 2010

RelaxZen Day Formula Review


Having tried the Night formula a few days ago, the Day one was next. This one comes in the same "mellow berry" flavour and is supposed to reduce the daily stress and improve focus while being non-drowsy at the same time.

I am a bit confused as to how to label this review since the product does not have caffeine, yet is supposed to improve focus, calm you and be non-drowsy at the same time. I think I will put it in the Anti-Energy category for now.

The Day formula has the same creamy, berry aroma and taste like the Night formula, but with a touch of more sourness, which, in my opinion, is better. The overall taste is very mellow and stays true to the flavour on the label. The proprietary blend in this affects neither the taste nor the aftertaste. For more information, please check out the Night formula review which goes into more detail about the taste.

I started to feel the effects within 10-15 minutes and they were similar to many other anti-energy products. My shaky leg started to slow down and after another 5-10 minutes I was calmly sitting on my desk starting to become 100% focused on the tasks at hand. The product is not completely non-drowsy, but it does a better job than some of the competitors. It is like DayQuil, which is supposed to be non-drowsy, but the active ingredients still have an effect on the user. Fortunately, the drowsy period lasted for about 10 minutes and then I was back to feeling just calm and focused and not tired at all. The effects lasted for a couple of hours and I felt pretty laid back without any noticeable periods of drowsiness after the initial 10 minutes.

Proprietary Relaxation Enhancing and Stress Reducing Blend (225 mg):
  • Acai Extract
  • Passionflower Extract
  • GABA
  • L-Theanine
  • L-Threonine
Other Ingredients: filtered water, citric acid, natural flavors, malic acid, potassium sorbate, sodium benzoate, sucralose, acesulfame potassium, FD&C red #40, FD&C blue #1

Scores:
Cost - sent to me
Taste - 8.2/10
Performance - 9/10

Overall
- 17.2/20...interesting product that works quite well

No comments:

Post a Comment