Tuesday, August 10, 2010

RelaxZen Night Formula Review


A couple of days ago a neat little package arrived at my doorsteps from a company called RelaxZen Inc., makers of RelaxZen Functional Relaxation Beverages Night and Day. In this package I found two different shots - a Night formula and a Day formula - the latter of which promised a non-drowsy dose of focus. Since I am busy this entire week and away from the office, I decided to leave the Day formula alone until I returned and try the Night formula before bedtime. There is something you should know about me and why I am looking forward to trying this shot - I have a hard time sleeping. I am one of those people who falls into a deep sleep for a couple of hours and then wakes up and has a hard time falling back asleep. I usually get up early and don't feel tired because of the deep sleep, but I rarely have a full night's sleep.

The first thing I noticed about the shots is the shape and size of the container. Both containers are 74 mL, but are slim and tall, which makes them look and feel like gigantic shots. The large cap also adds to their large appearance. Overall the label is pretty simple and information is easily found and read.

The Night formula has a pleasant creamy berry aroma, similar to that of berry yogurt. The taste is fairly similar too and does not have any undesirable tones. It is slightly citric at the start, but once the shot starts to go down, the smooth berry flavour completely masks the kick. The berry flavour itself seems to be made up of raspberries and strawberries. The initial kick can remind some, me in some cases, of cranberries. The finish is sweet from the sweeteners, but not as sweet as some shots, and has a nice berry taste. Overall, to be perfectly honest, this tasted much better than what I expected.

Now for the part that many are interested in - how it works. I had the whole shot in a couple of gulps in bed with my laptop on my lap and started to feel some of the effects within 10 minutes as I was still working on this review. At first I started to just become calmer and more relaxed but soon after I started to get a little drowsy. I wasn't tired when I got into bed and was hoping to do some reading, but about 30 or so minutes after consuming the Night formula, I was ready to put my laptop away and close my eyes. This does not work like some medicines where the drowsiness hits you right away - this is much more gradual and smoother. My sleep was pretty solid until about 4-5 hours when I started to wake up and toss around. I believe that this is fairly well suited for people who are flying or want to relax and get some good sleep for a few hours.

Proprietary Relaxation Enhancing and Stress Reducing Blend (151 mg):
  • Chamomile extract
  • GABA
  • L-Theanine
  • L-Threonine
  • Valerian Root Extract
  • Melatonin
Other Ingredients: filtered water, citric acid, natural flavours, malic acid, potassium sorbate, sodium benzoate, sucralose, acesulfame potassium, FD&C red #40, FD&C blue #1

Scores:
Cost - sent to me
Taste - 8/10
Performance -9/10

Overall -17/20...smooth relaxation and good sleep

No comments:

Post a Comment