Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Fire Star Energy Booster Lemon Flavour Review


Fire Star is one of those caffeine products you place on your tongue and wait for it to dissolve. I cannot say that I am a huge fan of them, but they do seem to work.

Taste

If you look closely, you will discover in the upper left corner of the package that this energy booster is supposed to have a lemon flavour. Does it? Well, kind of, but I believe that most of it is coming from the citric acid. The lemon taste itself doesn't show up until the powder dissolves and you swallow whatever is left in your mouth...The dissolving part, this is what I want to write about. First off, there is 3 g of the powder in the pack, which seems like a small amount, but when you dump that on your tongue, it doesn't quite fit on there. It quickly falls off the tongue and fills your mouth with the powder, which quickly sucks up the moisture in your mouth and makes swallowing the powder a little tricky.

Aside from the lemon finish, the powder is not that great tasting. It seemed sour and promising at first, but then the bitterness of the energy ingredients hit me, and it hit me hard. It felt like I had just finished chewing on a pill and all I had in my mouth was its bitter powder and chunks. Alongside the bitter taste, was a slightly sour taste which reminded me of the Aspirin you can dissolve on your tongue. Mixed with those two tastes was the taste of the citric acid, which should have been more present in the mix...just my opinion.

Just a warning, the finish stays bitter with an Aspirin twist for some time, so I recommend having a sweet drink to get rid of the taste.

Energy

The packet does not contain any information on how much caffeine is in, but a quick, yet extremely thorough, internet search tells me that there is between 160 and 200 mg of caffeine. I already mentioned that these types of energy boosters work well, and this is no exception. I felt something within exactly 5 minutes of ingesting the powder. It was a calm and gradual start which helped me focus at first...but that only lasted for about 10 minutes. Then the rush started to come in. I felt my heart speeding up only 15 minutes after taking Fire Star and within another 20 minutes I was feeling the full effects of the energy booster. Unfortunately the boost lasted for just over 2 hours when I started to feel the caffeine effects fading away. I was no longer over energized, but still had some energy to continue with my work.

Ingredients: caffeine, citric acid, sugar, calcium stearate, sodium bicarbonate, hydrogenated vegetable oil

Scores:
Cost - $2.00 from KingofCaffeine
Taste - 5/10
Energy - 7.5/10

Overall - 12.5/20...if the taste was improved a little,

No comments:

Post a Comment