Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Wicked Energy Drink Review


Hands down, this can has an awesome label created by tattoo artist Kian Forreal. I got this from a nearby convenience store in Sydney for $4.

Taste 

The drink smells like a Red Bull, but I was a bit surprised when it didn't taste quite like it. Sure, it started off like a crisper, drier Red Bull, but tart white grape flavors started to emerge as well as some mild berry notes. There is a sweet, candy-like undertone, which doesn't build up thanks to the overall sourness of the drink. Also, because of the sourness, the drink is very refreshing and has a nice crisp and almost clean finish. There are no unpleasant flavors in the taste or finish.

Overall, I really liked this drink. It reminds me of a combination between a Red Rain and some white grape juice.

Energy 

There are only 155 mg of caffeine in the can, which is less than what I was expecting. After having a few Australian energy drinks, I am led to believe that there is a regulation limiting the amount of caffeine a drink can contain because I still haven't found anything over 160 mg.

The effects of the drink are fairly standard. There is quick sugar rush within 10 minutes of starting to drink with a bit of jitters. The rush woke me up nicely since I woke up feeling groggy due to my short, alcohol induced sleep. The caffeine kicked in about 30 minutes later and I felt great for about 3-4 hours touring the city. I didn't feel a crash at the end, but I did have coffee with lunch.

Scores: 
Cost - $4
Taste - 9/10
Energy - 7.5/10

Overall - 16.5/20

No comments:

Post a Comment