Saturday, April 20, 2013

Guayaki Yerba Mate Lemon Elation Energy Drink Review


I have only seen one place that sells this energy drink in Ontario and that is the Highland Farms in Mississauga. A can will set you back $2.99 before taxes.

Taste

Well, the label says it all - this tastes like yerba mate brewed with lemons. The start has a mild sour taste with a lot of lemon flavour and a subtle earthy note. Quickly the places switch and the earthy tones move to the forefront while the lemon ones take a backseat until about the finish. The finish is where, once again, the lemon dominates. The earthy notes quickly disappear leaving you with a lingering fresh taste of lemons.

I like this Guayaki flavour too. The lemon notes seem real and the drink is very refreshing.

Energy

Like the previous Guayaki I had, Enlighten Mint, this can contains 150 mg of naturally occurring caffeine. Thanks to the sourness of the drink, the kick I got out of this was much quicker than the mint one, but once I got past the initial burst, the rest was very comparable. 

In about 10-15 minutes I started to feel calm and focused and within another 20-25 minutes I felt energized, but not jittery and over-energized like with some of the sugary energy drinks. The effects lasted for a few hours and there was no crash at the end.

Once again, I am very satisfied with a Guayaki product. I cannot wait to try another flavour.

Also, here is a shot of the ingredients label. I think I will be snapping photos of these from now on for those interested. Beats typing everything out.


Scores:
Cost - $2.99
Taste - 9.5/10
Energy - 8.1/10

Overall - 17.6/20...refreshing and tasty with a very nice kick

No comments:

Post a Comment