Saturday, August 3, 2013

Starbucks Iced Coffee Vanilla Review


I got the two new Starbucks Iced Coffees from a Meijer in Michigan for $1.99 (check out the review of the regular one) and as of the date of this review, these are not yet sold in Canada.

Taste

Well, what can I say about this one? It has the same delicious taste as the regular coffee one but with vanilla notes. Again this iced coffee is lightly sweetened with a little bit of milk added making the coffee the dominant flavour. The vanilla flavours are especially noticeable in the aftertaste and compliment the coffee nicely.

The Meijer I picked up these iced coffees from only had the two flavours and when I was writing this review, I was thinking of how awesome it would be if Starbucks were to make a Caramel one next...well guess what - they do have a caramel one now. Now I cannot wait to find it on my next trip across the border.

Energy

Starbucks' website lists the caffeine content at 115 mg, which is the same as the regular iced coffee. The kick comes in 2 stages - a quick burst to wake you up within 10 minutes of chugging a good portion of the bottle without experiencing any jitters.

The second stage is of course the caffeine kick which doesn't come for another 20 or so minutes and the transition from stage 1 to 2 is smooth. The kick lasts for a couple of hours and ends without any drama (crash).

I have to admit that some days I prefer to have one of these iced coffees than a grande bold coffee from the local store. The 115 mg of caffeine are just enough to give me the boost I needed while the actual coffee might make me a little jittery and over caffeinated.

Scores:
Cost - $1.99 from Meijer
Taste - 9.1/10
Energy - 7.2/10

Overall - 16.3/20...one of the better tasting iced coffees on the market - light and smooth with a nice coffee punch and a vanilla twist at the end

No comments:

Post a Comment