Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Red Bull The Lime Edition


So there I was standing in line at Home Depot when out of the corner of my eye I spotted a dark green can in a sea of Red Bull cans. "Next, please" - yelled the cashier and I had not option but to move along, keeping an eye on the strange green can in the Red Bull fridge. Once I checked out, I went over to the fridge to verify my assumption - yup - new Red Bull The Lime Edition. I grabbed a can and I was back in line.

Wow, a new Red Bull flavor that I have not heard of. I was so happy...until I got back to the car and realized something - Red Bull's Silver Edition was lime flavored. The Silver Edition was discontinued not too long ago so I wondered if The Lime Edition had just replaced it in the Canadian market or if this was just some sort of a trial run. Well, whatever it is, I decided to give it a quick review and compare it to the Silver Edition.

Taste

Like the Silver Edition, the Lime Edition is almost clear in color and looks like someone squeezed a lime wedge in a can of soda. The aroma has the same cough syrup with lime scent. The taste? Yeah, about the same, only it seems a bit more sour. It tastes like cream soda with a splash of regular Red Bull and a squirt of concentrated lime juice. The aftertaste develops more of the regular Red Bull flavor that we are all too familiar with while the lime scent lingers subtly.

The Lime Edition is still as refreshing as the Silver Edition. Again, this seems like it is the same flavor, just in a new package.

Energy

Nothing new here - 80 mg of caffeine in the can. The effects are like any other can of Red Bull - quick burst of jittery energy with the caffeine lasting for about an hour and a half and disappearing.

Scores:
Cost - $2.99 from Home Depot, but I also saw it at a few gas stations
Taste - 7.5/10
Energy - 6/10

Overall - 13.5/20...repackaged Red Bull Silver Edition

No comments:

Post a Comment