Thursday, August 20, 2015

Bomb Energy Drink


Bomb Beverage Company is based out of the neighboring town of Hamilton and my encounter with their Bomb energy drink is the first I have had with this company. I didn't even know this energy drink and the company existed so close. I got this can from the local Independent City Market (a Loblaws) for $3.

Taste

This smells and tastes like an "almost clone" of Red Bull. It has the same base flavor, but the acidity is taken to a whole new level. I even puckered up at first. This new level of sourness helps keep the candy-sweetness present in the regular Red Bull to a minimum and also gives you a very clean aftertaste.

I cannot I believe I am saying this, but this drink is way too sour for my liking. Yup. I said it. If the sourness was dialed down a little bit, it would be an improved Red Bull.

Energy

Like any other 250 mL can, there are 80 mg of caffeine and the effects are the same - an almost immediate sugary rush with a side of jitters, followed by an overenergetic feeling for about 1 to 1.5 hours, followed by a light crash.

Scores:
Cost - $3
Taste - 8/10
Energy - 6/10

Overall - 14/20...a very sour Red Bull

No comments:

Post a Comment