Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Rip It 3-Way Berry Mix


I got this bad boy from a 7-11 in Michigan near one of the Detroit airports. Not sure which one.

Taste

This drink is blue!!! I thought the "berry mix" would be red, but I guess Rip It was going for more of a blue-berry mix...literally. The aroma is a mix of high fructose corn syrup sweetness and muddled berry notes with maybe blueberries coming out on top. The flavor is similar with a wave of high fructose sweetness, followed by an unidentifiable, generic, medium sour berry combo. The only time I was able to detect an actual berry was right before the finish where for a moment I got a hint of blackberry. The aftertaste is sweet with medium blackberry notes and more of the corn goodness.

As of lately, these Rip It energy drinks have been plagued by a very prominent presence of the high fructose corn syrup, which is ruining the flavor....for shame.

Energy

There are 160 mg of caffeine and 50 grams of sugar. I got jittery within minutes and my legs were shaking for good 20-30 minutes before all the caffeine kicked in and I felt like running around in circles to burn off the excess energy. The end came with a minor crash, but nothing serious.

Scores:
Cost - $1.09
Taste - 7.0/10
Energy - 8.2/10

Overall - 15.2/20...too much high fructose corn syrup, but there is potential for a good berry flavor

No comments:

Post a Comment