Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Rip It Tribute C.Y.P.-X Energy Drink


This Tribute C.Y.P.-X is not the same as the green Tribute I tried and reviewed a couple of years ago. This is a brand new flavor that just came out and I just happened to the in the US to pick up a can.

Taste

The drink is orange...a little lighter orange than the light orange on the can. Even though, I had no idea what to expect in terms of flavor, I was a bit surprised when a whiff of sweet orange creamsicle escaped the can and reached my nose. The taste? Yeah - sweet orange creamsicle all throughout. Except for the slightly more potent vanilla start, the taste is very uniform from the moment the liquid hits your tongue to the moment it goes down the throat.

Did I mention it was sweet? Oh yeah. Be prepared to reach for a glass of water at the end of the can.

Energy

Let's see....160 mg of caffeine and 52 grams of sugar to get you going real quick. I got jittery within minutes and my legs were shaking for good 20-30 minutes before all the caffeine kicked in and I felt like running around in circles to burn off the excess energy. The end came with a minor crash, but nothing serious.

Scores:
Cost - $1.09
Taste - 7.8/10
Energy - 8.2/10

Overall - 16/20...great orange creamsicle taste despite the high level of sweetness

No comments:

Post a Comment