Sunday, January 31, 2016

Wild Poppy Peach Vanilla Juice


Wild Poppy Peach Vanilla is a juice that hails from California, but one that I bought from somewhere in Michigan...I think. The $2 juice comes in a 296 mL beautiful glass bottle with a screw top that can be easily sealed. My recollection is that there were quite a few different Wild Poppy flavors, but I decided to go with the orange looking one because I was thirsty and in the mood for orange juice...and apparently really tired because I did not read the label at all.

Oh well, when life gives you lemons, you make lemonade. Or in this case, if your idiot brain f***s up, you deal with it.

OK, first off...the aroma is not pleasant at all. The vanilla is very fragrant and intense on its own, but when mixed with the peach, it creates this musky, dampy, weird smell. But the taste is so damn good. WTF??? OK, new test - plug the nose and just drink.

Back to the taste with my nose all plugged. The juice looks thick with its peach puree and heavy sediment yet it has a surprisingly light mouth feel. You get a hint of fresh, ripe peaches immediately the liquid touches your tongue, but the intense vanilla wipes it all off for a few brief moments, before the ripe peach finish comes and gives you the sensation of you just having finished the best damned peach in the world. Weird...oh wait, the vanilla comes again...ok, now it is weird.

Damn, this vanilla is really killing the flavor. As I said, the vanilla is great on its own, but the combination is just not working for me. Keep the two separate!

Scores:
Cost - ~$2
Taste - 9.5/10 (peach only), 7/10 (peach with vanilla)

No comments:

Post a Comment