Thursday, October 13, 2016

Xyience Mango Guava


This is the last of the Xyience drinks I received courtesy of Energy Drink Heaven.

Taste

Many years ago when I had the original Xyience Mango Guava, I did not like it much. I wasn't into sugar free drinks and I thought the flavor was too bland. I don't know if the formulation had changed in the last 7-8 years, or my tastebuds had become more sensitive from the hundreds of different drinks, but this version tastes a bit better.

The flavor is still mild, but the mango is easily noticeable on the nose and dominates the taste. The guava takes more of a backseat in both cases, but provides a nice finishing twist. Subtle guava notes can also be sensed in the aftertaste when the sweetener disappears, while the mango leaves more of an impact.

Overall, I still found the mango and guava to be subtle when compared to more popular offerings from Monster.

Energy

There are 176 mg of caffeine and like with all the other Xyience energy drinks I recently reviewed, the effects are quickly noticeable. Give it 10-15 minutes and you feel the buzz. Give it another 20 and you will be running around the room. The best thing about the lack of sugar is the lack of jitters...and the very mild crash you will experience in 3-4 hours when the effects wear off.

Scores:
Cost - courtesy of Energy Drink Heaven
Taste - 7/10
Energy - 8.2/10

Overall - 15.2/20...still subtle, but better

No comments:

Post a Comment