Sunday, November 6, 2016

Guru Energy Water Pomegranate Review


I bought all of my Guru Energy Water cans from a fancy grocery store in Hamilton, but since then (August, 2016), I have seen them pop up across Toronto in health stores, fancy grocery stores and some convenience stores that have always carried Guru products. Cost? I paid $2.99, but the cost could be as high as $3.49.

Taste

This energy water is as clear as regular water. There are some bubbles, but there is nothing that indicates its flavor. That is until you stick your nose in the can. When you do that, there is a sour pomegranate aroma as well as a bit of a granny smith apple. The flavor doesn't come in until a few moments after you take a swig and after the bubbles settle. The flavor feels artificial, but this energy water does taste like pomegranate, with some cranberries and a bit of apples. Some earthy green tea comes towards the finish and lingers well into the aftertaste alongside subtle stevia notes.

I like this one a tad better than the Grapefruit one I had a few months ago, because the pomegranate adds a bit of tartness, but I am just not a fan of the energy waters in general.

Energy

There are 100 mg of caffeine that come from green tea. The effects are surprisingly powerful and quick for an energy water with no sugar. I felt a bit jittery within 15 minutes of consuming half the can. Compared to a sugary energy drink, I wasn't as jittery, but I did get a leg twitch.

With the caffeine fully in my system, I got a good kick for just over 2 hours. No crash at the end.

Scores:
Cost - $2.99
Taste - 7.8/10
Energy - 7/10

Overall - 14.8/20...slightly tart

No comments:

Post a Comment