Monday, August 8, 2016

Guru Energy Water Grapefruit Review


Oh boy, I can't remember the last time I had a Guru. For a while these guys were everywhere and I consider Guru's Juicy Superfruit to be the best tasting energy drink I have ever had. But after a couple of years, these guys started becoming rarer and rarer. This past weekend was the first time in months that I saw some in a store. What made the occasion even more special was that the store also had Guru's new Energy Waters for $2.99!

Taste

The Grapefruit Energy Water has a hazy color with a pale yellow hue that resembles freshly squeezed lemon juice. The aroma is strong with notes of grapefruit, but the taste is much more subtle and diluted. Like with all flavored waters, there isn't much flavor at first, but once the bubbles disappear, you get notes of citrus, erythritol and some earthiness from the added green tea. For me, the erythritol was too strong and left too long of a lingering sweetener note. Wasn't a huge fan of this.

Energy

There are 100 mg of caffeine from the green tea. Despite the lack of sugar, the effects are fairly quick to appear. Within 10 minutes I was starting to wake up and my mind felt more focused without any of the jitters a normal energy drink would induce. Once the caffeine kicked in, I felt just a tad over-energized, but I was able to burn off the excess energy on my walk to work. The effects lasted for just over 2 hours and ended without much drama.

Scores:
Cost - $2.99
Taste - 7.5/10
Energy - 7/10

Overall - 14.5/20...not as great as the Gurus I love, but would appeal to a specific market

No comments:

Post a Comment