Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Marley Mellow Mood Peach Raspberry Black Tea Relaxation Drink


Marley Mellow Mood is at it again. Just a few weeks ago Marley Beverage released a slew of relaxation drinks and coffee beverages in 7-11 stores in Canada...and I am positive in the US as well. Like the previous Mellow Moods, these ones are tea based, but just contain different flavors.

Taste

The peach raspberry Mellow Mood has a fantastic peach aroma with just a hint of berries and sweet black tea at the back. The tea is very sweet at the start with a blast of peach, but immediately after comes a moderate tart raspberry hit that takes the sweetness down a notch and takes you to the sweet black tea finish. There is a very interesting candy-like sweet peach peak where the flavors meet which adds a unique twist.

The aftertaste is tart and dry at first but some of the sweetness returns and balances it nicely allowing for a lingering fruity note without any downsides.

Performance

I don't know if the blend is different, but I thought the effects were quicker just not as intense as the first one I had many years ago. It took me around 15 minutes to go through half the can and I was already feeling the effects. My eyelids were getting heavy and I was having a bit of trouble focusing on some words. Definitely felt like taking a break from reading and just chilling on the couch or in bed.

After another 20 minutes I was pretty chill and just ready to sleep. The sleep was good, but because of the 450 mL of liquid I had to consume had me waking up in the middle of the night to use the washroom. I wonder if there could be a Marley Mellow Mood relaxation shot.

Scores:
Cost - $3.19
Taste - 9/10
Performance - 8/10

Overall - 17/20...damn delicious and works well


No comments:

Post a Comment