Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Guru Juicy Superfruit Energy Drink Review


Guru Energy Drinks have always had some great, catchy labels and this one is no exception. I haven't seen Guru Juicy in stores before and I got this one when I was at Sobeys. The drink is not even in their Energy Drink section, it was further down the isle where some of the more expensive juices were. I got the Superfruit one as a start because of the screaming pink label. The can is 355 mL and costs $2.99 CAD.

Wow, this smells fantastic - like no other energy drink. The taste is a blend of a bunch of different fruits - pomegranate, berries and something else. The Ingredients label states that this is a blend of white grape, lemon juice, acai juice, pomegranate juice, black currant juice and yumberry juice concentrates. Well, the blend tastes fantastic - fresh, tart and not sweet at all. The beverage also leaves a very pleasant aftertaste - tart and slightly fruity at first and fresh and fruity in the longer run. I just cannot wait to try the other Guru Juicy.

There is no caffeine content listed anywhere on the can but after some research online I found out that it contains around 140 mg of caffeine per can that comes from the guarana extract concentrate. That is not bad at all. I was feeling very refreshed 15 minutes after starting to drink this. The drink also contains ginseng and ginkgo biloba for that extra something-something. I got through to lunch (3.5 hours from when I finished the beverage) without experiencing a crash.

Scores:
Cost - $2.99 CAD for a 355 mL can. I got mine from Sobeys and have not seen Guru Juicy sold anywhere else yet
Taste - 10/10...slightly better than Beaver Buzz Citrus
Energy - 8/10

Overall - 18/20...best tasting energy drink I have had to date. If you want some more caffeine, but don't want to sacrifice the taste, try a NOS or Beaver Buzz Citrus

No comments:

Post a Comment