Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Hype Pro Energy Drink Review


OK, so I got this from another 7-11 store, not the one I bought all the Inked drinks (Druidic, Chikara and Oroborus) from, and this also has a very dirty top. This Hype apparently is a special edition one called PRO. I paid $2.99 CAD for this one, but I have bought this in the past for as low as $1.69 from convenience stores.

This drink is deep red in color and slightly cloudy. It has a very generic Red Bull smell with some sweeter notes to it. It also has a very similar, Red Bull taste, but with a berry twist. I haven't had the regular Hype so I am not sure if there is a significant difference between the two. This one definitely has a great taste and the aftertaste is not bad either. The immediate aftertaste is slightly sour with hints of berries. The sourness goes away in a minute or two, leaving a pleasant citrus/berry taste. I assume the citrus aftertaste is from the citric acid that this has been bombarded with.

This can contains around the same amount of caffeine as the 355 mL Red Bull - 114 mg. It is not much, but it will definitely do the job any time of the day. I got a nice boost in the morning which was enough to get me through to lunch.

Scores:
Cost - $2.99 CAD, but I have bought this for as low as $1.69 in the past
Taste - 8.9/10...similar to the Red Bull taste, but the berry twist does not justify any extra points I could have given it
Energy - 6.7/10

Overall - 15.6/20...not bad, now I have to find the other Hype varieties

No comments:

Post a Comment