Saturday, January 21, 2017

Energy Bombs Chewing Gum Cinnamon


Over the Christmas holidays, I had a chance to try Energy Bombs gum. It was an early evening, I was feeling a bit tired, but didn’t want to get a coffee out of fear for not being able to sleep later. But then I remembered that I had a pack of Energy Bombs. The package told me that each piece contains 40 mg of caffeine and I thought that would be great for a quick boost...and to try a new product.

Taste

I was sent the cinnamon flavor, and though I am not the biggest cinnamon fan, I didn’t mind it. The cinnamon is well done and its peppery intensity is kept to a minimum at the very start. After a couple of minutes, the tingling/burning sensation recedes and you are left with a mellow cinnamon flavor.

But, once the intensity goes away, you do get a hint of the energy ingredients. They don’t impart overly bitter flavor, but there is just enough bitterness to remind you that you are chewing no ordinary gum. And only for a short period of time. By the time I had left my place and was at the streetcar stop, there were no traces of the energy ingredients.

Another thing I should point out is the longevity of the gum. I was out for about 3 hours and the gum was still chewy and elastic at the end. Many caffeinated gums turn into mush after an hour or so due to their ingredients, but not this one.

Energy

The label advertises that 2 pieces of gum equal an energy drink. And it is not lying. The 1 piece I had gave me an amazing boost without robbing me of my sleep later on. It also didn’t give me the jitters. Two pieces gave me a nice and excited feeling and a jittery feeling for a short time. Four pieces should equal a Monster, but chewing so much gum might be a problem...and I don’t want to find out.

Scores:
Cost - $2.99 for the pack
Taste - 8.5/10
Energy - 5/10 to 10/10...depending on the numbers of pieces you chew

Overall - 13.5/20 to 18.5/20

No comments:

Post a Comment