Sunday, April 8, 2018

Rockstar Super Sours Orange


This is the second of the new Super Sours that made their way to Canada. The first was the strawberry one, which I loved! Both I got from a Shoppers Drug Mart.

Taste

This one smells and tastes almost like your standard orange soda. The only difference is the short spike in sourness mid way through each sip, which adds a bit to the character. This didn't feel as sour to me as the first batch of Super Sours, but it might feel sour to some.

Overall, not a bad tasting energy drink, but it is nothing unique.

Energy

The typical 160 mg of caffeine are present in this can and the energy effects are identical to any other Rockstar. The initial kick is fast and the sourness helped it even more. I drank this can quickly and yes, I did experience some jitters, but I was ready for it.

The rest of the boost is standard - jitters die down, caffeine kicks in and makes you feel like you want to run around the room for the next few hours. The end was clean without drama (i.e. a crash).

Scores:
Cost - $3.79
Taste - 7/10
Energy - 8/10

Overall - 15/20...tastes like orange soda

No comments:

Post a Comment