Sunday, April 15, 2018

Rockstar Super Source Strawberry Review


The new Rockstar Super Sours have finally arrived in Canada!!! Well, 2 new flavors have arrived - strawberry and orange. I got both from a Shoppers Drug Mart for $3.79 each.

Taste

I use Jolly Ranchers as a comparison tool on multiple occasions, but this drink has to have the closest Jolly Rancher pink color I have ever seen. It is as if they struck a deal with the company to use their candy colorant. 

The smell is amazing - fresh strawberries and a tiny bit of candy-like sweet roundness. The taste is also amazing. It starts off like strawberry jam and transitions to a fresh, slightly tart strawberry before giving way to a candy-sweet strawberry. Despite the "Super Sour" label, this is not a sour energy drink. There is a spike of tartness, but it is nothing compared to the Green Apple released a few years ago. But I loved it!

Energy

The typical 160 mg of caffeine are present in this can and the energy effects are identical to any other Rockstar. The initial kick is fast and the sourness helped it even more. I drank this can quickly and yes, I did experience some jitters, but I was ready for it.

The rest of the boost is standard - jitters die down, caffeine kicks in and makes you feel like you want to run around the room for the next few hours. The end was clean without drama (i.e. a crash).

Scores:
Cost - $3.79
Taste - 9.8/10
Energy - 8/10

Overall - 17.8/20...I absolutely love this strawberry flavor

No comments:

Post a Comment