Sunday, August 9, 2009

Full Throttle Blue Demon Energy Drink Review


Full Throttle is to Coke what AMP is to Pepsi. Just like all energy drink makers, Full Throttle has released a boat load of different flavors to try and attract more buyers. The regular Full Throttle in my opinion is not much of an exciting drink. It doesn't taste too good and it gives you the same energy boost as all other energy drinks. The only reason why I used to buy Full Throttle a few years ago was because I worked in a small town for about a year and every day on my way to work, I would pass by a Mac's convenience store. For that one year there were endless Full Throttle promotions - 2 cans for the price of one, 2 for $4, buy 1, get one half off and so on. Also the store had a Subway stand so instead of horrible, overpriced fountain drink I usually bought whatever energy drink Mac's had on sale...which was Full Throttle.

Right before I left the town the Full Throttle Blue Demon was released and another boat load of promotions arrived - "buy a Full Throttle and get Full Throttle Blue Demon for free" was my favorite one. It was smart of Coke to let you try their new product for free, because oh boy did it taste great. The label says that it tastes like blue agave, but since I cannot recall ever drinking blue agave juice, other than tequila, I can't tell that it doesn't. The Full Throttle Blue Demon has the most refreshing taste of all the energy drinks I have ever had. The taste is very well balanced, not too sweet, yet it has a slight citrus, candy-like undertone. The aftertaste is very clean and refreshing which lingers for a while. The best part about the aftertaste is that it doesn't have that generic energy drink aftertaste that reminds you for at least half an hour that you had just consumed a natural health product that will likely give you a heart attack with its ungodly caffeine content.

The caffeine content is a bit lower than its competition with 141 mg per can, but it still provides a sufficient boost that lasts for a few hours.

Scores:
Cost - $2.99 CAD for a can
Taste - 9.5/10
Energy - 7.4/10

Overall - 16.9/20

Read about the other Full Throttle drinks I have tried:

No comments:

Post a Comment