Friday, September 25, 2009

Full Throttle Energy Drink Review


It has been a while since I had a regular Full Throttle as I usually buy the Blue Demon ones, but today was just not lucky enough. The only thing the near-by Shopper Drug Mart had was this. The good thing was that this was on sale for $2.49 CAD, $0.50 off the regular price. What the hell, I got one. I really didn't feel like driving around to find a convenience store or a 7-11 to look for something different.

Well, the regular Full Throttle is citrus flavoured, but don't expect a blend of exotic and delicious flavours. It has that generic citrus taste, but with something else added to it that I can't quite put my finger on. There is a trace of tropical flavours in the aftertaste but overall the orange taste
comes out on top accompanied by hints of lemon/lime notes. The additional flavours added seem to resemble those added to gummy bears and Jell-o, especially the blue raspberry Jell-o. Perhaps that taste comes from the citric acid, who knows. Overall this Full Throttle is not a bad tasting energy drink mainly because there isn't any of that cough syrup energy drink aftertaste.

The caffeine this drink has is a bit lower than most comparable energy drinks, but not by much. A can of this Full Throttle contains 141 mg of caffeine, which are more than enough to give you a decent boost during the day or early in the morning. I picked up a can of this right after lunch and I felt great for a couple of hours. Then there was the dreaded down period...not a crash.

Scores:
Cost - $2.99 CAD regular, but I got this for $2.49
Taste - 8.1/10
Energy - 7.5/10

Overall - 15.6/20...has a generic citrus taste but a slightly tropical fruit aftertaste and none the generic cough syrup notes

No comments:

Post a Comment