Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Red Rave Blue Pom Energy Drink Review


I was feeling like something with a little bit of caffeine this morning. I thought this need for a lower amount of caffeine will be the perfect opportunity to try Red Rave Blue Pom. I went back to the convenience store where I got the regular Red Rave and picked up 5 for $5. Yep, no joke, 5 cans of Red Rave for only $5. They had the sugar free one, but I am not into sugar free drinks.

So this drink is very carbonated and dark purple in color. It has a remote pomegranate taste while drinking it and a very nice blueberry finish. There is absolutely no trace of a medicinal taste, which is a fantastic thing. The aftertaste does not last very long, you will have a neutral taste in your mouth in about a minute. The citric acid gives it a really nice bite when drinking it.

Like any other 250 mL energy drink, this contains 80 mg of caffeine, which was perfect for me. I had a nice, long sleep so all I needed was something to get me out of the morning drowsiness. This did the job great.

Scores:
Cost - 5 cans for $5
Taste - 7.8/10
Energy - 6/10

Overall - 13.8/20...this is cheaaaap, and the taste is not too strong or too sweet

No comments:

Post a Comment