Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Sol Maté Original Review


Once I had the Lemon Lime one, I just had to have the Original. I wanted to know how sparkling maté tastes. I got it from the same place for the same price - $1.75 CAD.

This one is a bit darker in color, like pale gold. It is hard to describe the taste of the original one if you haven't had real maté before, because it tastes a lot like it, but with a lot of sugar and some citric acid. The taste is sweet with a bit of a sour undertone. The finish is very refreshing and a bit sour. The aftertaste in the long run is very dull, you can taste something, but you don't quite know what it is. It is still very refreshing. I like this one too, but in the future I will stick to the Lemon Lime one as the lemon/lime combo gives it a nice twist.

This one has the same amount of caffeine - 60 mg per bottle. I had this one in the evening and it gave a nice boost to go do some things. The effect wore off just in time for bed. Don't expect a huge boost, just enough to get by for a while.

Scores:
Cost - $1.75 CAD for a 296 mL bottle
Taste - 8.5/10
Energy - 6/10

Overall - 14.5/20...a natural, great tasting beverage with enough caffeine to give you a boost for a short duration of time

No comments:

Post a Comment