Monday, October 12, 2009

Beaver Buzz Chronic Energy Review


Surely you can imagine why I bought this drink - yes, because I have never seen it before, not because of the "chronic" marketing. A 473 mL Beaver Buzz? I have seen a few cans this size before, but the company has shifted over to slim 355 mL ones. The "flavour" is not even on their website. I paid the usual $2.99 CAD for the drink.

The drink is dark purple, darker than other energy drinks I have tried. It has a grape/black currant taste with a slight medicine undertone, which is not as noticeable as other drinks like Monster. The aftertaste is pleasant with hints of grape. The sweetness of the drink escalates with time. The first few sips I had were very carbonated and did not notice how sweet the drink was. With time, the energy drink was becoming flat sitting in my mug (the can had a dirty top) and tasted sweeter. Overall this energy drink tastes OK, but the flavour is very ordinary, not something I was expecting from Beaver Buzz. They make some of the best tasting energy drinks and even though most of the flavours are very common among energy drink makers, Beaver Buzz always put their own twist on everything...This has no such twist.

There is a lot of caffeine in this can - 200 mg. This amount makes Beaver Buzz Chronic Energy a very powerful grape/black currant flavoured energy drink. This weekend I went camping and when I came back, I was exhausted from the lack of sleep. This drink really woke me up Monday morning.

Scores:
Cost - $2.99 CAD for a 473 mL can from 7-11
Taste - 7.9/10
Energy - 8.0/10

Overall - 15.9/20...tastes better than Monster MIXXD and has more caffeine

No comments:

Post a Comment