Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Xyience Xenergy Big Apple Energy Drink Review


What is this? Another Xenergy drink? This is my fourth one in the past week. I have noticed that no matter which store you go to, you can always count on finding at least one, and in most cases different, flavour of Xyience Xenergy. The place I was at had the Big Apple, one that I have only seen a few places. It costs $2.99 and it also came in a slightly banged up can. You can't see it in the photo, but there are few more dings on the back. Where are these cans stored? Many stores I have been to sell banged up silver Xenergy cans. What gives? If you know, let me know.

As expected, the Big Apple drink has a pale green color, similar to some peppermint mints. The taste is excellent and very refreshing. Perhaps I should use one of their keywords and call the taste "Extremely refreshing". A strong Granny Smith taste punches you as soon as you start drinking. A mild green tea taste comes in after the apple one. Underneath the two flavours, there is a dull reminder from the artificial sweetener that this is a sugar free energy drink. The finish is of Granny Smith apples, but it quickly goes away and a refreshing taste of mint takes its place. I am not sure there is any actual mint in the drink so I think this is just a by-product of the flavour combination. Surprisingly, there is barely a trace of the artificial sweetener in the aftertaste, there is, however, a hint of the green tea taste along side the mint one. Nonetheless, this is a great tasting sugar free energy drink. In fact, this is the best tasting Xyience Xenergy drink.

Just like all silver cans, this one contains 180 mg of caffeine plus whatever else caffeine there is in the guarana extract. Performance wise, this is on the same level as the rest of Xenergy drinks - gives you a boost in 20 - 25 minutes from point you start drinking it, and depending on how long you take to drink the can, it will keep you on an energy high for 3 to 4 hours without a crash. I usually take 30 - 40 minutes to drink my 473 mL drinks and that way I, sometimes, avoid jitters.

Scores:
Cost - $2.99 CAD for a 473 mL can
Taste - 9/10
Energy - 8.3/10

Overall - 17.3/20...the best tasting sugar free energy drink I have had to date. The taste is refreshing and there is enough caffeine to provide a decent kick. The only thing I did not enjoy much was the green tea taste

No comments:

Post a Comment