Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Jolt Orange Blast Energy Drink Review


I found another one of the Jolt flavours at a gas station. This one, as someone pointed out, is not the one for sale in Canada as it is missing all the French translations. Only one more flavour left to track down - Cherry Bomb.

The Jolt Orange Blast smells and tastes like any other orange soda with a couple of small differences. First, there is an energy blend undertone, which seems to give each sip a bit of a bitter finish. Second, the beverage is not as sweet as other orange sodas and there is no build up in sweetness. The aftertaste is a bit dull at first, but the orange taste builds up. It is not a natural orange taste, more like the one you would get from taking chewable vitamin C tablets. The drink leaves the mouth feeling dry, which is something I haven't encountered in many energy drinks. I think this beverage could have used some more citric acid to make it a bit more sour. Overall this is a fairly refreshing energy drink without a medicinal taste.

Since this is an American Jolt, there is no caffeine content listed on the back. I will guess that this can contains a Jolt-standardized 189.2 mg of caffeine. I did not drink this in one sitting, as I wasn't in the mood to consume 473 mL. I finished this just before lunch, but I did not experience that caffeine high since I was only taking small doses at a time. I did hit a wall 40 minutes after finishing the drink, which was not pleasant at all.

Scores:
Cost - $1.99 CAD for a 473 mL can
Taste - 7.3/10
Energy - 8/10

Overall - 15.3/20...has a generic orange soda smell and taste, but packs a punch

Check out the other Jolts I have tried:

No comments:

Post a Comment