Friday, October 30, 2009

Jolt Wild Grape Energy Drink Review


I love opening Jolts. There is just something very satisfying about that small initial explosion. Opening an already open one is not as satisfying, but it somewhat works. I found another one, again at a 7-11 for the same cost - $1.99 CAD. I think my camera has problems capturing purple. The top is supposed to be less blue and more purple, kind of like the outline of the "J".

Well, the Wild Grape is purple and has a very pleasant concord grape smell. Its taste would have been just as pleasant if it wasn't for the energy ingredients this thing is packed with. The drink has the usual Jolt undertone of ginseng and some other energy things. The finish is quite nice though - very concord grape like. Of course the taste and finish get sweeter as the drink is consumed. Jolt Wild Grape is an average to OK grape flavoured energy drink. One way they could have improved it, is by making the taste a bit bolder. The flavour really gets lost among the carbonation and the energy ingredients taste.

The caffeine amount is once again standardized to 189.2 mg. I had about half the drink in one sitting and then packed it up for the road. Once again I have to say that I absolutely love this type of can with the cap. The energy boost is like all other Jolts.

Scores:
Cost - $1.99 CAD for a 473 mL can
Taste - 7.5/10
Energy - 8/10

Overall - 15.5/20...the taste is a bit weak, but there is plenty of caffeine to make up for the taste

Check out the other Jolts I have tried:

No comments:

Post a Comment