Sunday, November 8, 2009

Redline Energy Drink Exotic Fruit Review


I found this guy at 7-11 among all the Rockstars and AMPs. This looks promising with its resealable and small container. I paid $2.99 which is not too much considering that this has 400 mg of caffeine!!!!!!!! After that Fuel Cell, I am not too crazy about having this in one go or even one day.

The smell is very sour and strong, similar to cranberry juice. For a glorified energy shot, the taste is not bad. It is a sweet combination of strawberries, cranberries, cherries and a bit of pineapple. I said sweet, but not the good kind of sweet, it is more like the kind of too much artificial sweetener. The taste is a bit tart so the sweetness does not come out until the finish. Ah, the finish. The finish is a bit soapy and bitter. The bitterness is very distant and it quickly gets overpowered by the sweetness. In the long run, the aftertaste is very overwhelmingly sweet with some berry notes.

The energy is intense! This little, 240 mL, bottle contains 400 mg of caffeine. I would call this a hybrid energy drink - it is almost as concentrated as an energy shot, yet, it is close to the size of a small energy drink. I consumed only half the bottle and I was feeling overly energetic within 20 minutes. Half the bottle still contains more caffeine than regular 473 mL energy drinks. What I drank kept me going for quite a long time, but I did have to overcome that overly energetic period when I also experienced some jitters.

Scores:
Cost - $2.99 for a 240 mL bottle
Taste - 6/10
Energy - 10/10

Overall - 16/20...I would not recommend consuming this all at once and since this comes with a screw top, have half and save the other half

3 comments:

  1. Wow. I thought 200mg was a lot. This is insane.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Redline helped me keep my job! I love the fact that you have reviews on energy drinks because people like me try anything damm near to stay awake! A friend came back from overseas and told me Redline was outlawed where he was-I think Kuwait... I would drink half a bottle every other day for almost a month. But then I quit cold turkey. Rockstar Punch for flavor and I mix with 5hr Berry, until I ran across the Ubermonster! I like that it has the smoother taste becasue the carbonation kills me.
    Anyways-KEEP IT UP
    -millialive

    ReplyDelete
  3. After drinking one of theses I felt sick shaky and no physical energy . Just a lot of nervousness .

    ReplyDelete