Friday, November 6, 2009

Xyience Xenergy Blue Pom Energy Drink Review


Yeah, 3rd Xyience in a row this week. This time I did not drop the can on my way to the desk, all of the Blue Pom flavours were like this at the 7-11 I picked this up from. Blue Pom seems to be a popular flavour among energy drinks, isn't it? The price is almost always the same at $2.99 and the top is once again dirty.

At least the dirty top gives an opportunity to see the color of the beverage when I pour it in my mug - it is dark pink and very slightly cloudy. OK, I have to agree with the "Great Tasting" slogan on the can, this does not taste like a sugar free drink at all when you are drinking it. The sweeteners become apparent in the finish and the artificial sweetness lingers in the mouth for a while. The taste itself is not very strong and kind of sweet. The pomegranate is the stronger flavour with the berry one coming in towards the end and remaining in the aftertaste and unlike the Red Rave Blue Pom, this one has a bolder taste.

The silver can Xyience drinks all have 180 mg of caffeine plus whatever else from the guarana, which is 20 mg less than the new, black cans. This much caffeine is plenty to get the day started or to pick you up. I had this one in the morning after, once again, staying up too late and 25 minutes after the first few gulps I was feeling fine. Having drank only Xyience energy drinks this week, I have to admit that these really work. I have yet to experience some jitters or a crash.

Scores:
Cost - $2.99 CAD for a 473 mL can from 7-11
Taste - 7.9/10
Energy - 8.3/10

Overall - 16.2/20...well, this is the best tasting Xyience so far and has a decent amount of caffeine

No comments:

Post a Comment