Saturday, December 26, 2009

Revive Energy Mints Review


It is time for me to start trying more non-liquid caffeinated products. I picked up a pack of Revive a few days ago from 7-11 for the low price of $2.99. I was disappointed to learn that there are tons of websites that try to get people to start their own business selling Revive mints. A lot of them suggest selling packs for $3.99, which is more expensive than what convenience stores sell them for.

The first thing I noticed about Revive is the package of course. It is cluttered!!! Really cluttered with useless text. For example - "1 Package = 8 Energy Drinks". I really don't need this since the two lines below read "1 mint = 1 Energy Drink" and "contains 8 mints". I can do basic math, I know that 1 package will equal 8 energy drinks if there are 8 mints per package and each one equals an energy drink. The back, surprisingly, is much more ordered and clean. But enough about the packaging, I want to try a mint.

Like the Blitz energy mints that I had a few months ago, Revive mints are large and covered in a white powder. The mint starts off very refreshing, but quickly turns bitter. Soon it goes back to being minty, then back to being bitter. This is like a taste rollercoaster. The mint...or shall I say...candy keeps bouncing back and forth between a minty and a bitter taste. I am not sure I like the taste very much.

Interesting, here is something funny I found on the back. The statements that each mint equals an energy drink "have not yet been reviewed or evaluated by the FDA". Interesting, isn't it?

Whether or not each mint equals an energy drink, they still give you a moderate boost. By the end of the mint I felt energized, but jittery. Though I wanted to get up and run around, my eyelids were still heavy. This acted only as a physical stimulant for me rather than something that would do both - stimulate me physically and mentally. So eat a mint if you need to be physically stimulated because it works, don't take one if you are drowsy or have mental work to do.

Score:
Cost - $2.99 CAD for a pack of 8 mints
Taste - 5.5/10
Energy - 6/10

Overall - 11.5/20...a battle between the mint taste and the energy blend taste with no apparent winner, but a single loser - you. Taste aside, the mints will give you a decent boost so they do work

No comments:

Post a Comment