Saturday, December 26, 2009

Jones 24C Mandarin Orange Review


I honestly did not know that Jones made anything else other than delicious soda until a few days ago when I found this at T&T. I normally don't look twice at flavoured waters, but this caught my eye because it was placed right next to all the Jones' sodas and not with all the other water products. The cost was low too - $1.69 CAD for a bottle - so I decided to get one and try it. Just like the Glacéau Vitamin Waters, these ones also come in the same bottle type and bear a similar label.

The first thing I noticed about this beverage is the strong mandarin aroma. Unlike the aroma, the taste is weaker, because, well...because this is just flavoured water. The good thing about the taste is the sourness, which makes the overall experience quite refreshing. I am not sure if it is what I ate before I tried the drink, or the drink itself, but there is an off-putting undertone similar to orange seeds. This taste disappears quickly, but it is just something not very pleasant.

Scores:
Cost - $1.69 CAD for a 591 mL bottle
Taste - 7.2/10

Overall - 7.2/10...I will stick to the sodas

No comments:

Post a Comment