Monday, January 11, 2010

Fuel Cell Energy Bullet Superberry Review


I don't know what to call this. Is it an energy shot or an energy drink? The 7-11 that I bought this from had this Fuel Cell in the refrigerated section with all the energy drinks and in the isle with all the energy shots. It is too small to be a real energy drink, but it is too big to qualify as an energy shot. I think I will make an exception and tag it as a shot and a drink.

The first thing I noticed was that this called itself an Energy Bullet. Sounds familiar, doesn't it? Well, this looks like a slightly modified Hardcore Energize Bullet and has the same blue color. The cap is much larger and the opening almost resembles the opening of a small drinking glass. Yes, it is that wide.

I gave the container a good shake before opening it and I was greeted by a thick layer of foam, hissing at me, and by a sour, soapy, berry aroma. This reminds me a lot of the Fuel Cell energy shots. The taste started watery and sour but developed into bitter and soapy. Between the watery and bitter taste, there was a stage where the flavour emerged. I was mostly able to detect hints of blueberries and something that I would normally call a strawberry taste but not quite in this case. Once you down the drink, the artificial sweetener will make its presence known by sending wave after wave after wave of extreme sweetness your way. This must be the sweetest sugar free drink I have ever tasted. The sweetness does not even mask the bad taste stages but makes the overall drinking experience worse.

Where the Fuel Cell Energy Bullet shines is in the energy department. This 150 mL container contains 375 mg of caffeine! "Is that true?", you might ask. Of course it is true, not like those Slimquick shots which claim they contain 2 cups of coffee. This really contains 375 mg of caffeine. Within 15 minutes my legs were shaking and I could barely stay seated, I wanted to get up, go outside and run around the block. Yes, this isn't a good energy drink for those who need to stay awake and focused, but it is one hell of a drink for those who want to exercise. The best part is that I didn't even have the whole drink, so one can be even more energized. It a lot longer than usual for the jitters to subside, but once this happened, I was feeling awake and full of energy. This lasted for hours before I started to experience the initial stages of a crash. I could have had the rest of the drink to feel energized again, but I decided not to since I wanted to sleep that night.

Scores:
Cost - $3.49 CAD for a 150 mL container
Taste - 3.5/10
Energy - 10/10

Overall - 13.5/20...if you can suck it up and drink it, you will be rewarded with hours of energy

No comments:

Post a Comment