Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Diablo Ice Energy Strips Review


Right now, I am in the need of some caffeine, but don't feel like drinking coffee or an energy drink because I am bloated and I am in a rush. Good thing I have this box of caffeinated products sitting by my desk that I go through every few mornings in the search of the next thing to hit up. Today my hand found the long lost Diablo Ice energy strips at the bottom of the box. Why were they lost? Well, the container is very small and the box is very big. It is actually the same container that Listerine strips come in. There are 18 energy strips and each has 25 mg of caffeine for a total of 450 mg, which is a lot!

Taste

My first reaction to the strips was "this tastes like crap". But it actually took a couple of seconds for the unpleasant taste to disappear and for the minty/cinnamon taste to arrive. The taste was still a little nasty from the energy ingredients, but at least it was now a touch fresher. As I placed the second strip on my tongue, it came to me. The initial taste is much like what acrylic paints smell like. Nasty! But the third strip, the taste got even worse, but at least the mintiness started to get stronger by the end.

Energy

I already mentioned that each strip has 25 mg of caffeine, which is not a lot by itself, but when you have 18 of these strips, the possibilities are endless...well, not true, they do end at 450 mg of caffeine. The delivery is fast and this is what matters when you are in a rush and depending on the number of strips you pop, the energy can be varied from a jolt to being completely wired. I had 3 strips, which is almost as much as a can of Red Bull and I was ready to go within 10 minutes. The buzz lasted for over an hour and there were plenty of strips left for me to extend this hour.

Scores:
Cost - $2.99 for a pack from ThinkGeek
Taste - 2/10
Energy - from 3/10 to 10/10

Overall - 5/20 to 12/20...depending on the number of strips

No comments:

Post a Comment