Thursday, September 30, 2010

Think Gum Review


Think Gum is a brain-boosting chewing gum...or so does the packaging say. The gum contains peppermint, rosemary and other herbs as well as natural caffeine from guarana. This should be an interesting piece of chew.

Taste

I popped two pieces and discovered right away how soft the gum actually is. The rosemary taste is strong and is the first, and primarily the only, thing you can taste. The mint is there, but I would call this more of a spearmint taste than peppermint because it is not very peppery. There are some additional herbal tones, but overall this is a pretty unique tasting gum, which does freshen your breath, but it also adds a touch of herbs. I cannot say that I am a big fan of the taste.

Energy

Perhaps I should relabel this section to "Performance" or "Effect" because there isn't much caffeine in each piece - 10 mg. So I took a total of 20 mg. It may not have awakened me very much, but the two pieces that I took did provide some clarity and focus after 10 - 15 minutes of chewing. The back of the package says "for best results, chew while learning or studying & again to recall information.", and this is what I did, but did not work very well. I think that this gum works the same way as the whitening toothpastes where you have to use the product for several months before you notice any effects. This did not work for me after several uses, which is unfortunate because I was rather excited about this.

Ingredients: sorbitol, gum base, malitol, malitol syrup, xylitol, natural flavors, guarana, bacopa monniera, gikgo biloba, gum arabic, titanium dioxide, sucralose, resinous glaze, carnuba wax, soy lecithin, vinpocetine, BHT

Scores:
Cost: $2.99 for a pack from ThinkGeek
Taste: 5/10
Energy/Performance: 4/10

Overall - 9/20...I tried this gum the way the package told me to - chew while learning (OK, reading reports) and again to recall information (during a meeting) and did not do very much. I am giving it 4/10 for performance because it did provide some clarity and focus

No comments:

Post a Comment