Wednesday, October 13, 2010

XS Black Cherry Cola Blast Review


Continuing with the XS line, today I am having the Black Cherry Cola Blast for breakfast.

Taste

Does it taste more like cherry juice mixed with diet cola or diet cola mixed with some cherry juice? I know it sounds the same, but I think, with some sips, that there is more cherry juice than diet cola in this thing. The drink doesn't taste bad and if you are a fan of diet cola, you will like this. I am just not so sure about the cherry twist. Cherry Cola was OK and I liked it, but this has something that I can't quite put my finger on. Perhaps it is the cherry taste, which tastes artificial at times, or perhaps it is the aftertaste which is a blend of sweeteners and cherries. Like I said, this doesn't taste bad, but there is something about it.

Energy

The can contains 83 mg of caffeine, which is pretty standard for the XS line. The effects start to become noticeable within 10 minutes but don't fully hit you until 30-40 minutes later. The energy effect is there for just over an hour and if you are like me, you will be on the hunt for the next caffeine hit. Overall, it is comparable to a 250 mL can of Red Bull, only less delicious in my opinion.

Medicinal Ingredients:
  • Taurine - 1,000 mg
  • L-Glutamine - 500 mg
  • Eleutherococcus Senticosus - 17.85 mg
  • Panax Ginseng - 17.85 mg
  • Panax Quinquefolium - 17.85 mg
  • Schisandra - 17. 85 mg
  • Astragalus - 17.85 mg
  • Reishi - 17.85 mg
  • Caffeine - 83 mg
  • Niacin - 20 mg
  • Pantothenic Acid - 10 mg
  • Vitamin B6 - 6 mg
  • Vitamin B12 - 294 ug
Non-Medicinal Ingredients: carbonated water, citric acid, black cherry juice concentrate, natural flavors, acesulfame potassium, sodium benzoate, potassium sorbate, sucralose, color

Scores:
Cost - $3.66 per can delivered
Taste - 6.8/10
Energy - 6/10

Overall - 12.8/20...it is diet cola mixed with cherry juice and enough caffeine

No comments:

Post a Comment