Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Hard 8 POM B Energy Shot Review


Following the success of last week's Hard 8 shots, I am continuing with their line up this week. For today I have the POM B, which appears to be a shot with a variety of berries like goji, acai and blueberry as well as pomegranate and grape.

Taste

As soon as I twisted the cap off, I stuck the small bottle in my nose to get a good sniff of the stuff. It smells like berries, soap and something bitter. No need to panic, a lot of energy shots smell like soap to me. After a swig I confirmed that this, in fact, did not taste like soap. The taste is a combination of all the berries and fruits listed above with a nice sour kick, some of the sweetener used and just a touch bitterness from the energy ingredients. Grapes and pomegranate make up most of the taste, but there are hints of berries throughout. The finish is similar to the taste but with more of the sweetener taste.

Energy

The caffeine content is the same as all the other Hard 8 shots, but the vitamin content is unique. I started to get a nice boost within 15 minutes of cracking the shot open and in another 20, I was at a great energy high. The climb there was clean, without any jitters. In the initial stages, I experienced brief moments of calmness and focus. The energy lasted for a couple of hours and this time I did not reach for any caffeine...because there was none around me. When it was all done, there was no crash of other unpleasant experiences. Another great Hard 8 shot.

Medicinal Ingredients:
  • Niacin - 48 mg
  • Vitamin B5 - 24 mg
  • Vitamin B6 - 19.2 mg
  • Vitamin B12 - 576 mcg
  • Caffeine - 120 mg
Energy Blend: ginseng extract, ginkgo biloba, taurine, guarana extract, carnitine, glucuronolactone, glutamine.

Anti-Oxidant Blend: acai berry extract, goji berry extract, blueberry extract, grape seed extract, pomegranate extract

Other Ingredients: water, sugar, malic acid, citric acid, natural flavor, sucralose, sodium citrate, potassium benzoate, potassium sorbate, acesulfame potassium, red 40

Scores:
Cost - $3.00 from KingofCaffeine.com
Taste - 7.4/10
Energy - 7.8/10

Overall - 15.2/20...not a huge fan of the pomegranate-berry flavour, but the energy you get with this one is fairly clean

No comments:

Post a Comment