Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Hard 8 Tee Shot Energy Shot Review


I am having some problems waking up this morning, so I took the next caffeinated product waiting in line to be reviewed. This one is Hard 8's Tee Shot, a shot which will be wasted on me since I will be in the office all day. The shot promises better focus this time and I think I can believe that since their other shots did provide period of focus and calmness.

Taste

Like Hard 8 Pom B, this one has a soapy aroma. The taste is much better though. It starts off sour with a lot of citrus and transitions to a more mellow, berry taste. All throughout you can taste the sweetener, but the amount of citric acid helps raise the sourness levels up to the point where the diet taste is strong in the finish. Overall the shot does taste like citrus-berry though the citrus part is much stronger. The citrus flavour is very generic and I wish it tasted more like lemons, or limes, or oranges, or grapefruit, or any clearly identifiable combination.

Energy

Much like the other Hard 8 shots, this one has a similar vitamin composition and the same 120 mg of caffeine. I experienced similar effects with this one and started to wake up in about 15 minutes. There were no jitters or any unpleasantness. Soon after the initial energy started to kick in, I started to calm down and focus. The energy lasted for about two hours and since, once again, I did not have any caffeine sources where I was at the time, I couldn't get energized again by drinking a cup of coffee or a strong cup of tea. But don't worry, at the end of the 2 hours, I did not experience a horrendous crash or anything of that nature, I just started to feel normal. I thought that sitting down was no longer overrated and did not want to run around the office all day.

The one thing I cannot see is why Hard8 decided to use the "Better Focus!" slogan on this shot and not say anything about that on the others. This shot has the same ingredients as all the other ones and works the same way. In fact, this one has vitamin levels slightly below those of Pom B and 50 Cal. Hard8, if you are reading this, I suggest you use the "focus" feature of your shots on all the shots. It could be a great selling point. I personally really enjoy shots that can help me focus...even for 20-30 minutes at a time.

Medicinal Ingredients:
  • Niacin - 40 mg
  • Vitamin B5 - 20 mg
  • Vitamin B6 - 16 mg
  • Vitamin B12 - 480 mcg
  • Caffeine - 120 mg
Energy Blend: ginseng extract, ginkgo biloba, taurine, guarana extract, carnitine, glucuronolactone, glutamine.

Other Ingredients: water, sugar, malic acid, citric acid, natural green tea flavoring, sucralose, sodium citrate, potassium benzoate, potassium sorbate, acesulfame potassium

Scores:
Cost - $3.00 from KingofCaffeine.com
Taste - 7.5/10
Energy - 7.6/10

Overall - 15.1/20...another great Hard8 shot

No comments:

Post a Comment