Thursday, May 26, 2011

Lucozade Energy Drink Tropical Review


A few weeks ago I had the original Lucozade to set up a baseline for comparison. I paid $1.99 for it and got it from a T&T supermarket.

Taste

Holy crap does this have a passion fruit aroma! Going in for a sip, its scent is overpowering, but the taste is not as strong. It is a blend of passion fruit, pineapple and little citrus. The taste, unlike the original, is very sweet, especially towards the end of each sip. The sweetness builds up over time and by the end of the bottle you feel like you are drinking syrup. This is something that was much better executed by the original Lucozade.

The drink is also very carbonated and made me feel a bit bloated when I had it early in the morning. The carbonation also kills some of the flavour, which is why I think the taste is not as strong as the aroma. The finish is also on the dry side so a combination between that and the high level of sweetness, results in me reaching for a glass of water. I liked it more than the regular Lucozade, but I just wish it was not as sweet and less carbonated.

Energy

Caffeine is one of the main ingredients of this drink, but sadly the label does not say how much is in it. I will assume it is as much as the original Lucozade since the ingredients are similar. I felt a bit more energized at first with this one due to the sugar. Once the sugar effects were gone, the caffeine did a similar job.

Bottom line is the only difference between this and the original Lucozade is the taste.

Scores:
Cost - $1.99
Taste - 8/10
Energy - 5.8/10

Overall -13.8/20...like the original, only tastier

No comments:

Post a Comment