Wednesday, July 27, 2011

FRS Wild Berry Energy Drink Review


This is the second flavour of FRS I was able to find in Canada. I got it from the local Hasty Market for $2.99.

Taste

The energy drink has an odd red/pink/purple color and a consistency similar to that of a V8 juice blend. It has a chalky berry scent with a hint of carrots. Like the orange FRS, the mouthfeel is dry and a bit more watery with this one. The flavour consists of a blend of berries, apples, sweet carrots and some earthy tea notes. The tea and apple flavours open up in the aftertaste and create a very enjoyable finish.

One thing I didn't enjoy too much was the sweetener aftertaste. You cannot tell that this is a low calorie drink when you are drinking it, but come the aftertaste and the sweetener will hit you and won't stop for a long time. I think I will stick to the orange flavour for the time being.

Energy

Like the orange FRS, there are 45 mg of caffeine and the effects can be felt within minutes. I am, once again, amazed at how well this drink works. About 15 minutes after consuming half the can, I was feeling well energized and even a bit jittery which was odd since there are only 2 grams of sugar in the can.

Once the caffeine fully kicked in, I was well energize for a few hours - a lot longer than I expected given the small amount of caffeine. Another surprise from FRS.

Scores:
Cost - $2.99
Taste - 7/10
Energy - 7.9/10

Overall - 14.9/20...sweetener taste is noticeable, but the drink works very well

No comments:

Post a Comment