Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Doctor's Select Downtime Relaxation Shot Review


There are energy energy drinks and there are anti-energy/relaxation drinks. There are energy shots so why not have relaxation shots? Doctor's Select is the shot version of the Doctor's Select Downtime Relaxation beverage, a beverage which I will be reviewing shortly (or a beverage I just reviewed depending on when you are reading this).

I like the energy shot size - not too much liquid and gets the job done quickly. Well, before bed I try not to drink too much since I am too lazy to get up in the middle of the night and go to the washroom, so a shot to get me relaxed and tired will be perfect for me.

Taste

The shot has a very intense, slightly sour berry flavour with an earthy undertone and a sweetener finish...with more of the berry taste. The taste is pretty good and aside from the sweetener finish, which will be part of my mouth until I fall asleep, I rather like the taste.

Since there is no caffeine, there is no bitterness and the only active ingredient flavours are noticed through the earthy tone.

Cannot wait to try the full sized beverage.

Performance

The shot starts to work within 10-15 minutes. It puts you into a relaxed, almost too relaxed to do anything sort of mood. It doesn't quite make you want to fall asleep...not at first, but it definitely makes you a bit tired.

At first I resisted the urge to close my eyes, but soon more of the active ingredients started to kick in and I started to feel helpless. I gave up the fight in another 10 minutes and I relocated to the bed. I bet if it wasn't so late into the night, I could have easily stayed up feeling veeeeeeery relaxed and enjoying some random movie or show on Netflix.

Yeah, this shot works and has an effect similar to most full sized anti-energy drinks, but doesn't make you feel bloated or wake you up in the middle of the night to go use the washroom.

Scores:
Cost - $10.95 for a variety pack
Taste - 9/10
Performance - 9/10

Overall - 18/20...small, works great and tastes great

2 comments:

  1. Where did you buy this in Australia? I've not been able to find it except for the product website.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I ordered this from the US through Sippin Syrup's website.

      Delete