Saturday, April 7, 2012

Facedrink Energy Shot Review


No, Facedrink is not made with the sweat of a 1000 faces...at least I don't think it is. I got this shot from ChemicalEvolution.com for $3.

Taste

The aroma is very unique. It is a blend of sour berries, tea and a bit of smoke??? Don't worry, the taste is pretty smooth and good, though there still is some smokiness to it. Like the smoke you get from campfire tea. Or it may be a reaction with something I ate earlier.

The label says this shot tastes like tropical fruits, but all I get is sour berries and guarana with some earthy tones from the added tea. The sourness gives the shot a very cleansing start, but the dry finish make the earthy/smoky flavour stick for a long time.

Also, since this shot has less than 1 g of sugar, there is the standard sweetener aftertaste, which fortunately does not appear as part of the taste while consuming the shot. However, I think there is a bit too much sweetener added to the shot, because I found it to be a bit too sweet for me. At the end of the shot, I did have a sticky taste in the back of my throat and I had to go for a glass of water.

Energy

The active blend is 1,450 mg of taurine, caffeine, green tea and guarana. I am not sure exactly how much of that is caffeine, but I think is enough to give you a jolt within 10-15 minutes and a very nice boost within another 15, which lasts for about 3 hours...at least for me it did.

Unlike some of the premium energy shots, I did not experience a period of calmness and focus. I felt almost instantly awake within 15 minutes and a little jittery within a minute or two. My heart started pounding and I felt like being physically active. This shot has plenty of energy, however, it does not deliver it gradually.

Scores:
Cost - $3 from ChemicalEvolution.com
Taste - 7.5/10
Energy - 8.2/10

Overall - 15.7/20...a bit too sweet, but it has plenty of energy

No comments:

Post a Comment