Thursday, April 5, 2012

Rockstar Iced Energy Drink Review


So here is the second of the 3 new Rockstar flavours that recently came to Canada. I picked this up for $2.99 from 7-11 during a "buy one, get the second for $0.69" promotion.

Taste

Rockstar Iced is based on the same principle as Rockstar Recovery - a non-carbonated energy drink packed with electrolytes and little sugar. This one is peach flavoured and tastes amazing. I like peach juice but many of them are either too sweet, too artificial or too sour. This one is about down the middle and though you get hints of the sweetness and sourness, they are never in too great of quantities. Since some of the flavour comes from tea, there is a mellow, earthy tone that emerges after a few sips and sort of lingers near the base of your mouth.

The aftertaste is, of course, a combination of peach, tea and sweeteners, which are present for 5 to 10 minutes.

This might become my new go-to energy drink, it is that good in my opinion.

Energy

This is pretty standard - 160 mg of caffeine in the can and the effects are noticeable within 5-10 minutes. I felt awake and just a tad jittery by the time I finished the can. I did experience a brief moment of calmness of focus, but the energy just kicked in too fast and took that away.

The full effect of the drink became apparent in the next 10-15 minutes when I felt the contents of the can starting to control my body. Yes, I did feel very energized and ready to do some laps, but fortunately by the time I got to the office, I was a bit more calm yet still energized. Some drinks have that initial jolt that urges me to do physical activities, while others are a bit more gradual in their effects.

About 3-4 hours later the energy started to leave my body, but fortunately there was no crash.

Scores:
Cost - $2.99 from 7-11
Taste - 9.4/10
Energy - 8/10

Overall - 17.4/20...fantastic peach taste and great energy boost

No comments:

Post a Comment