Thursday, May 31, 2012

Dream Water Snoozeberry Blueberry Pomegranate Review


Earlier this year on a layover at LAX I got this shot with a bunch of magazines I was buying...some sort of a promotional thing. Since then it has been sitting on my desk, hidden behind piles of paper and other energy and anti-energy drinks. Tonight I decided to finally try it before it expires...assuming it wasn't already too late.

Taste

The shot tastes like sour berries with just a touch of sweetness which quickly disappears amidst some of the watery character the shot has. The sweetness is mostly in the form of sweetener and lasts well into the aftertaste. The sourness comes from what I believe are the pomegranate flavours, which I think need a bit more definition.

I am a bit surprised how most of the flavours don't really sit on your tongue, they all just roll off as soon as you swallow. The only things that last are the sweet and sour characters...which don't really tell you if you just had something that tasted like berries, or apples, or oranges, or...anything. Perhaps I let the shot sit too long on my desk.

On the other hand, the watery character might be a good idea if this is the last thing you drink before going to bed. Once you are in bed, there are no flavours sitting on your tongue, teasing you to get up and get a snack.

Performance

As per the label I had the shot about half an hour before going to bed. Within 10 minutes I started to feel my eyelids getting heavy, but I didn't feel like sleeping until about another 20 or so minutes. Worked like clockwork...or so I thought. Dream Water did not make me have any exciting dreams or enjoy a long, uninterrupted sleep. I woke up a few hours later and was in an odd, half-awake state - too tired to get up and read, too awake to fall back asleep. This went on for what I thought was eternity...probably 5-10 minutes in the real world, before I fell asleep again.

So this didn't quite work that way I expected it to, or the way it was advertised, but its small volume did not give me the urge to go to the washroom in the middle of the night so that is always a plus. It works well enough to put you to sleep, but it didn't not do it for me.

Scores:
Cost - free sample
Taste - 7/10
Performance - 7/10

Overall - 14/20...small format, works ok to make you fall asleep

No comments:

Post a Comment