Sunday, May 10, 2015

Neuro Sonic Super Fruit Infusion


I heard from many people that this variety of the Neuro beverage line-up died not too long ago, but it doesn't seem to be dead in the northeast. I saw plenty of these bottles for sale at Target around Buffalo and have also purchased it from a few places in Michigan. A bottle will set you back around $2.50 depending on where you get it from and most places that carry Neuro Sonic, also carry Neuro Sleep and a bunch more Neuro drinks.

Taste

This beverage is supposed to taste like a super fruit infusion. But what is that? I don't think it is some new magical fruit, because the drink smells like a mix of cranberries, raspberries, a bit of blueberries and some sweet cherry cough syrup-like twist.

The taste seems watered down and thin at first, but after a few sips, the flavors start to emerge. I sensed a creamy cherry flavor that starts off light but turns very sweet near the finish. Also present are some distant raspberry notes. I was hoping for the cranberry flavor to be present for a tart finish, but sadly it is not there and I am left with a sweet cherry finish that gets sweeter and sweeter with each sip. Sure there are only 35 calories in the bottle, but there are plenty of sweeteners.

The aftertaste is dry, sticky sweet with lingering cherry and raspberry notes.

Another thing - the label says "lightly carbonated", but I found this to be just as carbonated as any other energy drink.

Super fruit is a much more exciting way to name the flavor than "Raspberry-Cherry". I will give them that, but overall, the flavor is nothing exciting, unique or highly enjoyable. I can see why there has been reports of the death of this beverage.

Energy

The proprietary blend includes 178 mg of active ingredients, with caffeine being the first on the list. According to the Neuro website, there are 100 mg of caffeine in the bottle, which is on the very low end for energy drinks of this size, but still enough to give most a nice kick.

It took around 15 minutes for me to start feeling the effects. I felt slightly more alert but also a bit jittery. In another 20 minutes the jitters had subsided and I was at a point where I had just enough energy to focus on some mental activities, but not enough that I wanted to run around in circles. Very good point to be at for me. The effects lasted for almost 2 hours and ended without a crash.

Overall, I wasn't very impressed with the flavor, but the kick is not too bad.

Scores:
Cost - $2.50
Taste - 6/10
Energy - 6.5/10

Overall - 12.5/20...weak flavor, but a decent kick

No comments:

Post a Comment