Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Base Wild Orange Energy Drink


This is another energy drink I got from Quebec. A few grocery stores in Quebec City were selling it for 2 for $4.

Taste

As expected, the beverage has a bright orange color and a generic C-Plus-like aroma. The flavor is very similar at first, but it develops quite nicely into a rich orange/tangerine combination with very enjoyable lingering notes. Yes, this flavor starts off like any other generic orange drink, but turns into something very nice and something unexpected.

Energy

With 160 mg of caffeine and full level of sugar, the effects are felt within minutes. My leg started to shake within 5-10 minutes and I was feeling awake, but not as focused as some other energy drinks. The full effects of the caffeine came in 10 minutes later and the sugar/caffeine combo made me want to run around for hours...well, 3 to 4 to be exact. The end came in without a major crash, but I did feel a little tired. But who knows, maybe I didn't get enough sleep.

Scores:
Cost - 2 for $4
Taste - 8/10
Energy - 8.2/10

Overall - 16.2/20...well done flavor and a nice kick...and the price is right

No comments:

Post a Comment