Tuesday, August 4, 2015

V8 Fusion Energy Diet Strawberry Lemonade


Every time I go across the border and happen to visit a supermarket, I get a 6 pack of the V8 V-Fusion Energy Mango Peach drinks. I like their taste and the 80 mg of boost each can contains. The price is also good.

Last time I was down south, I decided to get another 6 pack - a diet version of the Strawberry Lemonade V-Fusion...because why not? It is my experience that these are sold in every supermarket I have seen in New York and Michigan.

Taste

This one has a very light artificial lemon scent with a noticeable strawberry hint. The flavor is light at first, but the lemon portion quickly builds up and ends with an intense sour spike right before the strawberry kicks in. Once it kicks in, the spike is gone and you end the sip with the artificial remnants of a lemon/strawberry combo with a medium helping of sweeteners.

The aftertaste is dry from the sour lemon and leaves a sticky mouthfeel, which tends to build up with each sip. You will be reaching for a glass of water just minutes after you consume the can.

Despite its artificial nature, this diet energy drink is actually very tasty and I will definitely buy another 6 pack next time I am travelling.

Energy

There are 80 mg of caffeine in this can and the initial effects are felt within 10 minutes. Since there is no sugar, there is no jittery sugar rush to be experienced. I just felt more alert and focused and was able to concentrate a little better on the things I was doing. I felt the caffeine 15-20 minutes later with a jittery jolt that lasted a few moments.

I got around 1.5 hours of energy out of this can and everything ended on a positive note without a crash or any ill side effects.

Scores:
Cost - $5.99 for a 6 pack
Taste - 8.8/10
Energy - 6/10

Overall - 14.8/20...tasty, though a little dry

No comments:

Post a Comment